Who We Are
American Self Storage is a privately owned and managed company with 22 locations in Oklahoma, and 1 in Wichita Kansas. Our mission is to provide the best customer service in the industry when it comes to helping people with their moving and storage needs.
We are currently looking for a highly motivated and goal-oriented individual to fill our Resident Manager position in the greater Oklahoma City area. A Resident Manager with American Self Storage gets to enjoy the benefit of living onsite at no cost, while managing the property as a store-front business. This position offers a good mix of daily outdoor and office duties.
The ideal candidate should be able to:
- Identify and act on sales opportunities
- Identify opportunities to increase business income
- Communicate effectively with current and potential customers
- Work effectively without direct daily supervision
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Sales – Leasing storage units, parking spots, and U-Haul equipment such as trucks, vans, pickups, and trailers. Selling moving and packing supplies such as boxes, tape, bubble wrap, etc.
- Security – Inspect the property and units a minimum of 3 times per day for prevention and early detection of unit break-ins, perimeter fence breaches, and potential safety risks.
- Collections – Process customer payments and contact customers via text, email, and phone calls when they are past due.
- Maintenance– Clean and sweep units as they become vacant. Keep the office and grounds clean and free of trash, debris, etc. Report any maintenance needed to management to ensure timely repair.
- Business Management – Shop local competition for rates and amenities. Review customer accounts for rate management opportunities. Submit weekly and monthly reports to the home office. Make daily bank deposits using a check scanner. Make good business decisions.
- Must be able to live on site*
- Must have high school diploma or equivalent
- Must have at least 8 years of verifiable recent work history
- Must be able to lift 75lbs and open rollup/garage style doors on a daily basis
- Must be able to climb in and out of U-Haul trucks frequently throughout each day
- Must be able to walk the entire property as needed
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Windows and Office applications
Compensation and Benefits:
- 44-hour work week (40 hours M-F and 4 hours overtime on Sat)
- Manager gets to live on site for free. All utilities are paid by American Self Storage*
- Monthly bonus opportunities
- Commissions on retail sales items such as locks and moving supplies
- Commissions on U-Haul rentals
- 6 paid holidays off
- 13 days per year of paid personal time off
- Ability to cash out unused personal time each year (up to 40 hours)
- Vision, Dental, and Aflac coverage available
*More about living on site:
- Resident Managers are required to live on site
- Basic utilities are paid by American Self Storage
- Smoking is not permitted inside the office or residence at any time
- On site residences are typically 1-2 bedrooms and do not accommodate households larger than 3 people
- Pets require approval and deposit prior to them being allowed on site
Please make sure you have read the description and requirements before you apply to this position. Relocation services not available, and interviews must be in person.
Job Type: Full-time
You have requested that Indeed ask candidates the following questions:
- How many years of Business Management experience do you have?
- How many years of self storage management experience do you have?
- What is the highest level of education you have completed?
- Are you able to work in Oklahoma City, OK 73162?
- Do you have the following license or certification: Driver's License?
- Are you authorized to work in the following country: United States?
- Are you willing to undergo a background check, in accordance with local law/regulations?
- Which days of the week are you available to work this job?
- Why are you interested in this job?