Who We Are
American Self Storage is Oklahoma's largest locally owned and managed self-storage company with 21 locations in Oklahoma, and 1 in Wichita Kansas. Our mission is to provide the best customer service in the industry when it comes to helping people with their moving and storage needs. We accomplish this mission by employing the best property managers the industry has to offer.
Please note - This is not a "2nd job" or an "extra hours" position. You must be available to work M-F from 9am to 6pm, and Sat. from 9am to 1pm
As a Floating Manager for American Self Storage, you will travel to various properties throughout the greater Oklahoma City area to cover the property during the absence of the Full-Time Property Manager. This is not a full-time position, and a set amount of hours are not guaranteed. You may work 4 hours, or 44 hours in a week. There may also be weeks when coverage is not needed and no work is available. Work days are typically scheduled in advance, but you must also be able to work on an "on-call" basis in the event of a last minute absence of a Full-Time Manager.
This position typically works best for someone who doesn't need a specific amount of hours each week, but wants to earn an income when the opportunity is there.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Leasing units
- Processing payments
- Balancing a cash drawer daily
- Calling on delinquent customers
- Truck rentals
- Selling moving and packing supplies
- Property/Unit inspections 3 times per day using golf cart
- Keeping property clean and orderly
- Submitting reports/correspondence to the home office
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Great communication skills
- Must have an open schedule
- Must have reliable transportation
- Willingness to travel throughout Oklahoma City area
- Proficient in Microsoft Windows and Office applications
- Effectively work unsupervised
- Ability to lift 50 pounds or more
- Ability to lift roll-up and garage style doors
- Ability to sweep and clean storage units
- Ability to walk the grounds if the golf cart breaks down
Benefits and compensation include:
- Variable hours
- Working at various locations
- $10 per hour pay rate
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $10.00 per hour
We have requested that Indeed ask candidates the following questions:
- What is the highest level of education you have completed?
- Are you able to work in Oklahoma City, OK?
- Do you have the following license or certification: Driver's License?
- Are you authorized to work in the following country: United States?
- Are you willing to undergo a background check, in accordance with local law/regulations?
- Which days of the week are you available to work this job?
- Why are you interested in this job?
- Who referred you to this role? (if you don't have an answer, you can leave this field blank)