Spring Up-Cycle Project
One of the most popular ways of decluttering storage space is to upcycle any old objects that you no longer have use for. You can turn a disregarded mason jar collection into patio lights, or an old window shutter into a new headboard! The possibilities are endless and not only are you freeing up some storage space you are also adding a hint of personalization to your home. In this blog, we have put together a simple tutorial on how to upcycle an old rainboot into a cute Spring planter for your porch or patio. Connect with us on Facebook and share your upcycled creations with us, we would love to see them!
- Find an old pair of rainboots, either from your personal storage or even from a local thrift store.
- Drill several holes into the bottom of the boots to provide drainage for your new plants. If you do not have a drill you can use a sharp knife.
- Fill the boots with your favorite potting soil
- Pick your plant! We have found that small floral plants look best in these types of planters.
- Bury the roots of the plant in the potting soil at the top of your boot.
And that's it! Make sure to water your plant and give it plenty of time in the sun and you should be able to enjoy your new rain boot planter throughout the rest of spring!